IN THE BATHROOM:
- Can they reach the sink?
- Is the foot stool wide and stable?
- Can they turn on the tap? Do they know the difference between the hot and cold taps? Have I shown them how to turn on the tap gently?
- Can they reach the soap?
- Is the hand towel accessible?
- Have I shown them how to wash their hands?
- Do they have their own comb/brush? Have I shown them how to comb their hair?
- Do they have access to their toothbrush and toothpaste? Are they in a consistent place?
- Have I shown them how to use the toothpaste?
- In the toilet, can they easily reach the toilet paper? Have I shown them how much toilet paper is adequate?
- Is the toilet stool stable? Do they have adequate room to turn around safely?
- Have I taught them a toilet routine? For example, toilet, wipe, flush, close toilet lid, close toilet door, wash hands
- In the bath/shower, do they have access to the soap? Have I taught them how to wash themselves?
- Do they have access to child-sized shampoo/conditioner/body wash in easy-to-open bottles? Have I shown them how much is appropriate?
- Is there a washing basket which they can access?
- Do they have access to clean washers and towels?
- If I am allowing them to use the taps, have I checked the hot water temperature at the system? Have I taught them how to check the temperature when using the taps?
- Is the towel rail at child height? Have I taught them how to hang their towel so it dries?
- Have I taught them how to dry themselves?
[NEXT PAGE] I am working on a ‘Setting up your Home: Bedrooms‘ page. Please check back later. Thanks.